On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Matthijs van Duin
<matthijsvand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 26 September 2016 21:06:17 UTC+2, RobertCNelson wrote:
>>
>> sudo mkdir -p /lib/modules/4.4.11-00332-gce54280-dirty/extra/
>> sudo ln -s /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ti335x/pvrsrvkm.ko
>> /lib/modules/4.4.11-00332-gce54280-dirty/extra/pvrsrvkm.ko
>

> You can also just modprobe the module (don't forget to run depmod unless
> make install already does so) and then pass the --no-module argument to
> pvrsrvctl.

Oh i had forgotten about --no-module, I had found it once before in
ti's rc.pvr init script..

ti's rc.pvr:

https://gist.github.com/RobertCNelson/1a3a9ca14e537a706905027d6d9b60c0#file-rc-pvr

>> debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo /usr/bin/pvrsrvctl --start
>> PVR:(Error): OpenServices: PVRDRMOpenRender failed [0, ]
>

> I asked someone I know at imgtec; this means "it failed to open
> /dev/dri/renderD128 or whatever render node it was assigned". Does anything
> show up in /dev/dri at all? Anything interesting in kernel log?

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo modprobe pvrsrvkm

(nothing in dmesg)

debian@beaglebone:~$ lsmod | grep pvr
pvrsrvkm              379674  0
debian@beaglebone:~$ ls /dev/dri/*
/dev/dri/card0  /dev/dri/controlD64

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo /usr/bin/pvrsrvctl --no-module --start
PVR:(Error): OpenServices: PVRDRMOpenRender failed [0, ]
PVR:(Error): PVRSRVInitSrvConnect: PVRSRVConnect failed [0, ]
PVR:(Error): SrvInit: PVRSRVInitSrvConnect failed (4) [0, ]
/usr/bin/pvrsrvctl: SrvInit failed (already initialized?)
(err=PVRSRV_ERROR_INIT_FAILURE)

X.org was running, so let's kill that and it's friends (x11-common removed)

no change...

> I find it a bit disconcerting that the git repo doesn't work even though the
> one from the SDK ought to be a snapshot thereof afaik. (He agrees that
> Matteo's result with the driver from SDK looks like the kernel driver loaded
> okay, but the userspace binaries are trying to use mesa libs instead of the
> sgx ones.)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYg717Kn2j6XyAsyHcjYW7gkchorj1sb%3DYW1x1WVfv_FGg%40mail.gmail.com.