Hi TJF,

Thnx for your reply. I tried the following steps:

I added the /dev/uio[0..7] to the group bbb (of which my user is a member)
and gave them read right for a group.
I changed the typo
prussdrv_open(PRU_EVTOUT_0);

When I run the test as a normal user and output the return values to the
cout it returns
prussdrv_init returns: 0
prussdrv_open returns: -1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

When I execute as sudo it gives the following output:
prussdrv_init returns: 0
prussdrv_open returns: 0
prussdrv_pruintc_init returns: 0
prussdrv_exec_program returns: -1

When I try to remote debug as sudo by running gdbserver as follows:
su --command="export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib && ldconfig && gdbserver
localhost:8080 ./runTests

I still can't step through my shared library code

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/5cc71047-0a49-4f52-b235-facc071739fe%40googlegroups.com.