Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2016 09:16:31 UTC+2 schrieb Jelle Spijker:

> When I run the test as a normal user and output the return values to the
> cout it returns
> prussdrv_init returns: 0
> prussdrv_open returns: -1
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm not sure ATM. It may also need write access for the interrupt specified
in function call prussdrv_open(). That's /dev/uio0 in your case. Just make
them all writeable for the group, to be on the save side.

When I execute as sudo it gives the following output:
> prussdrv_init returns: 0
> prussdrv_open returns: 0
> prussdrv_pruintc_init returns: 0
> prussdrv_exec_program returns: -1

How did you generate the binary? Function prussdrv_exec_program()doesn't
handle ELF format (generated by C compilers). It only loads raw code (as
generated by pasm assembler).

> When I try to remote debug as sudo by running gdbserver as follows:
> su --command="export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib && ldconfig && gdbserver
> localhost:8080 ./runTests
>
> I still can't step through my shared library code

Sorry, can't help. I never used a debugger.

It seems that you installed libprussdrv local, so you don't need ldconfig
command
here. (It's used once in case of system wide installation.)

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/101682b6-ab61-491c-8810-147084e42375%40googlegroups.com.