In trying to test my code for the PRUs is there a good way to check and see
if binary is being loaded into the PRU properly and check whether or not it
is executing. I have a simple LED circuit running some basic blink code but
nothing seems to be occurring. Also with everything activated, the
pru_rproc running and the devices showing up as they should I still
sometimes get "no such device" when I try to bind pru0, have you ever run
into this issue?

When attempting to bind pru0 I get the following outpur from dmesg:
[  697.537395]  remoteproc1: 4a334000.pru0 is available
[  697.537435]  remoteproc1: Note: remoteproc is still under development and
considered experimental.
[  697.537450]  remoteproc1: THE BINARY FORMAT IS NOT YET FINALIZED, and
backward compatibility isn't yet guaranteed.
[  697.537926]  remoteproc1: Unsupported class: 254
[  697.546973] pru-rproc 4a334000.pru0: booting the PRU core manually
[  697.547013]  remoteproc1: powering up 4a334000.pru0
[  697.547250] pru-rproc 4a334000.pru0: rproc_boot failed
[  697.557946]  remoteproc1: releasing 4a334000.pru0
[  697.559696] pru-rproc: probe of 4a334000.pru0 failed with error -12
does this mean it's an error in the code I am trying to load into it?

Below is a copy of the assembly code that I am attempting to load if it
helps
Enter code here...; blink.p: demonstration of PRU on the BeagleBone Black
; blink LED connected to P8_11 ten times
.origin 0
.entrypoint TOP

TOP:
  MOV r1, 10 ; blink counter

BLINK:
    SET r30, r30, 15 ; set GPIO output 15
    MOV r0, 0x00a00000 ; delay counter

DELAY:
    SUB r0, r0, 1
    QBNE DELAY, r0, 0 ; loop until r0 == 0 (delay)
    CLR r30, r30, 15  ; clear GPIO output 15
    MOV r0, 0x00a00000 ; delay counter

DELAY2:
    SUB r0, r0, 1
    QBNE DELAY2, r0, 0 ; loop until r0 == 0 (delay)
    SUB r1, r1, 1
    QBNE BLINK, r1, 0 ; loop until r1 = 0 (blink counter)
    MOV r31.b0, 32 + 3
    HALT

Zach
(Deleted the old one because I forgot to include the error messages)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1dd12093-b1ec-48e4-bf6f-6d5dc989be14%40googlegroups.com.