ooooh that's my problem. I was only using
pasm -b blink2.asm
which doesn't link against anything. I had missed that because most of the
other examples that I had read where using the UIO pru loader, which
doesn't require any linking of the remoteproc. I had planned on switching
to C in the future but I was using my simple assembly program to start. I
guess I will just try modifying the example pru code gpio_toggle to toggle
the pin I want as a first attempt. What is the proper way to link those
files in during the assembly compilation process?

Sorry if some of these questions are pretty basic I'm learning as I go
through all of this.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/81ffcf78-63c9-4dd3-ae70-e0805722db65%40googlegroups.com.