Hi,

I'm trying to hook up a PocketBeagle to a pololu Zumo chassis. After
getting QEP0 to function I'm now struggling to get QEP2 going. Once I add
the U-Boot overlay for it the PocketBeagle does not boot anymore. I'm
guessing that I'm missing something in the device tree stuff for the
PocketBeagle, and by now could use a nudge in the right direction :)

I verified that the hardware is ok by hooking things up to my old
beaglebone white and the EQEP there reads things correctly.

I'm using bone-debian-9.2-iot-armhf-2017-10-10-4gb.img with kernel
4.4.91-ti-r133 and the latest package updates.

In my boot/uEnv.txt I have made the following changes:

  enable_uboot_overlays=1
  uboot_overlay_addr0=/lib/firmware/pb_eqep0.dtbo
  #uboot_overlay_addr1=/lib/firmware/pb_eqep2.dtbo
  disable_uboot_overlay_emmc=1
  disable_uboot_overlay_video=1
  disable_uboot_overlay_audio=1
  disable_uboot_overlay_wireless=1
  #disable_uboot_overlay_adc=1
  enable_uboot_cape_universal=1

For the pb_eqep0.dts I used the latest
https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays.git as a basis. With this
overlay the eqep sysfs entries appear and the position can be read like on
my BeagleBone.

Once I uncomment the line with pb_eqep2.dtbo in the uEnv.txt the boot
fails. I have collected the dts files and  the u-boot output in this gist:

https://gist.github.com/rklaren/09cf8a0a031a857421ae1501ca6d59dc

I have tried:

   - just enabling the EQEP's by using config-pin but then the sysfs
   entries do not appear (or maybe something else needs to be disabled in the
   device-tree to make that work).
   - Merging the two dts/dtbo's but that leads to the same U-Boot output.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ric

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ba25a575-ea69-426a-aa17-3de09e54a06b%40googlegroups.com.