On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Ric Klaren <ric.kla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to hook up a PocketBeagle to a pololu Zumo chassis. After getting
> QEP0 to function I'm now struggling to get QEP2 going. Once I add the U-Boot
> overlay for it the PocketBeagle does not boot anymore. I'm guessing that I'm
> missing something in the device tree stuff for the PocketBeagle, and by now
> could use a nudge in the right direction :)
>
> I verified that the hardware is ok by hooking things up to my old beaglebone
> white and the EQEP there reads things correctly.
>
> I'm using bone-debian-9.2-iot-armhf-2017-10-10-4gb.img with kernel
> 4.4.91-ti-r133 and the latest package updates.
>
> In my boot/uEnv.txt I have made the following changes:
>
>   enable_uboot_overlays=1
>   uboot_overlay_addr0=/lib/firmware/pb_eqep0.dtbo
>   #uboot_overlay_addr1=/lib/firmware/pb_eqep2.dtbo
>   disable_uboot_overlay_emmc=1
>   disable_uboot_overlay_video=1
>   disable_uboot_overlay_audio=1
>   disable_uboot_overlay_wireless=1
>   #disable_uboot_overlay_adc=1
>   enable_uboot_cape_universal=1
>
> For the pb_eqep0.dts I used the latest
> https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays.git as a basis. With this
> overlay the eqep sysfs entries appear and the position can be read like on
> my BeagleBone.
>
> Once I uncomment the line with pb_eqep2.dtbo in the uEnv.txt the boot fails.
> I have collected the dts files and  the u-boot output in this gist:
>
> https://gist.github.com/rklaren/09cf8a0a031a857421ae1501ca6d59dc
>
> I have tried:
>
> just enabling the EQEP's by using config-pin but then the sysfs entries do
> not appear (or maybe something else needs to be disabled in the device-tree
> to make that work).
> Merging the two dts/dtbo's but that leads to the same U-Boot output.

Using config-pin to enable the eqep's by default is all you should
need, no extra overlay..

Which pin's are you using, and please share the output of this script:

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/version.sh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYhh%3DayLW%3D-N02SGOz_S%2BH_O4av23U882MVtjT2Mig7nMw%40mail.gmail.com.