Hi,

Thank you for the help.

I'm trying to use both QEP0 and QEP2. If I use config-pin like the
following the QEP entries in the sysfs do not appear:

config-pin -a P2_34 qep
config-pin -a P1_31 qep

config-pin -a P2_24 qep
config-pin -a P2_33 qep

ls /sys/devices/platform/ocp/*.epwmss/
/sys/devices/platform/ocp/48300000.epwmss/:
48300200.pwm  driver  driver_override  modalias  of_node  power  subsystem
uevent

/sys/devices/platform/ocp/48302000.epwmss/:
48302200.pwm  driver  driver_override  modalias  of_node  power  subsystem
uevent

/sys/devices/platform/ocp/48304000.epwmss/:
48304200.pwm  driver  driver_override  modalias  of_node  power  subsystem
uevent

The output of /opt/scripts/tools/version.sh is in this gist:
https://gist.github.com/rklaren/e2cf4bee8b708226843c51572a74a93d

This is with a very plain /boot/uEnv.txt. Note the tieqep kernel module is
already loaded before invoking config-pin.

Aside note: In this setup /proc/cmdline will not contain
bone_capemgr.uboot_capemgr_enabled=1 either. Which seems to be expected by
Adafruit-BBIO which results in 'RuntimeError: Problem with the cape
manager' messages (for instance when attempting to use pwm).

If I enable the overlay for QEP0 I get:

ls /sys/devices/platform/ocp/*epwmss/
/sys/devices/platform/ocp/48300000.epwmss/:
*48300180.eqep*  48300200.pwm  driver  driver_override  modalias  of_node
power  subsystem  uevent

/sys/devices/platform/ocp/48302000.epwmss/:
48302200.pwm  driver  driver_override  modalias  of_node  power  subsystem
uevent

/sys/devices/platform/ocp/48304000.epwmss/:
48304200.pwm  driver  driver_override  modalias  of_node  power  subsystem
uevent

And EQEP0 works. But as mentioned before I have trouble getting QEP2
configured. Will config-pin become the standard way of doing things? In
stead of u-boot overlays?

Aside note: Also /prod/cmdline will now contain
bone_capemgr.uboot_capemgr_enabled=1 and the Adafruit-BBIO library starts
to work (for PWM and EQEP0). I suspect the adafruit library needs an
update/tweak.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Ric