I’m wondering if this can be done with Eagle. It might be possible to import
the gerber file, create the PCB from that and then add the connectors 3D parts.
Perhaps someone who knows Eagle might comment.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/24AEE174-182A-4C71-8EBE-7AD7CBD8C59B%40gmail.com.