> sudo apt update
> sudo apt install linux-headers-`uname -r`

HK: Above instructions are for building the modules natively correct...
This won't help me cross compiling but based on your second response, it is
clear that module are different in terms of compilation than normal
application...

So I will stick with compiling modules natively and think of cross
compilation later..

Thanks again...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/66fcb534-5d20-4759-a8e0-b8d447e2e6c6%40googlegroups.com.