I'm working with the BBB with the utilization of the DLP2000 EVM cape from
TI. I'm having difficulties with the speed at which I can transfer 640x320
images across across to the EVM.

One thing that has been asked has to do with the desktop manager and the
image that rendered from the manager. The default resolution of the BBB is
1920x1080 @24hz. Now obviously we can modify the resolution by using xrandr
to switch up the resolution to 640x480 so that it would run at 60hz.

Part of the software that takes the images and transfer them over the
framebuffer to the EVM is a command to shutdown the desktop manager. If I
don't shutdown the manager, when I send over a frame, there's a chance that
the desktop can insert its own image between the images I'm sending. This
is an issue, as I need the images I'm sending and only those images.

So my question is whats the resolution of the BBB if I disable the desktop
manager? is it still 1920x1080? or is that no longer a factor?

I might be completely off base in my understanding this, I'm guessing that
I am. If i disable the desktop manager, do I still have control over the
screen resolution with xrandr?