In the Language manual, you say a Price directive is synthesized when a
posting has a cost or price. But I get the "A valid price for HOUSE/USD
could not be found" warning with

2005-05-24 * "Home Purchase"
  Assets:Home  1 HOUSE {100000.00 USD}
  Liabilities:Mortgage  -100000.00 USD

and

2005-05-24 * "Home Purchase"
  Assets:Home  1 HOUSE {100000.00 USD} @ 100000.00 USD
  Liabilities:Mortgage  -100000.00 USD

but not

2005-05-24 * "Home Purchase"
  Assets:Home  1 HOUSE {100000.00 USD}
  Liabilities:Mortgage  -100000.00 USD
2005-05-24 price HOUSE 1000000.00 USD

What am I doing wrong? A short example in the Cookbook would be helpful.