More learning today. I am a bloke and do not multitask so neglected to check
some bits on the migration. Like internet access. The Proxy server was set but
not on the MDS so that had to be done. For our organisation users have to
authenticate to the Proxy so the MDS Proxy Mapping had to be changed, which
didn't show on the page so we attempted it several times. Perhaps it's the
screen resolution but the third attempt and a restart of the service on BAS
seemed to get the Proxy setting configured. When a browser page was opened and
a URL entered the Proxy authentication window came up but  showed the domain as
being COMPANY.COM. This was corrected by replacing COMPANY.COM with the correct
domain name within a text file:
"\\(Server Name)\c$\Progra m<file:///\\(Server%20Name)\c$\Progra%20m>Files
(x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise
Server\MDS\Servers\instance\config\mdslogin.conf"

Now that should have been it, job done but the handsets could still not get
access to the internet so a call to Vodafone and after a while the engineer
that guided us through the install process came up with KB23933, which advises
changing the "Use Scalable HTTP" setting to "No".

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23933

This finally got internet connectivity working on the BlackBerries.

One job down (that I should have checked before) and one job left. Enterprise
Messaging. I'm got to find me that SQL DBA that promised to sort out my problem
and put him to work. You just can't find decent help nowadays!

Engin M Hussein
Network Support
Food Standards Agency
Aviation House