Alvaro,

the docs are
draft-boutros-bess-evpn-geneve-00
draft-rabadan-nvo3-evpn-applicability-00

-m

Le 05/12/2017 à 23:08, Alvaro Retana a écrit :
On December 5, 2017 at 9:25:39 AM, thomas.mo...@orange.com
<mailto:thomas.mo...@orange.com> (thomas.mo...@orange.com
<mailto:thomas.mo...@orange.com>) wrote:

All,

Martin Vigoureux, 2017-12-05 11:34:

Alvaro: [...]

What about Geneve (draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve)? The nvo3 WG is
focusing on
Geneve as the Standard encapsulation, but this document doesn’t
even mention it.

Indeed. But The decision by NVO3 to work on Geneve is fairly recent.
I have indicated in the BESS report that we'll likely be working
closeer
with NVO3 from now on. An individual draft on the applicability of
EVPN
to NVO3 networks is targeting NVO3 WG. Conversely, an individual
draft
on EVPN extensions for Geneve is targeting BESS. We have agreed that
we'll do cross reviews at the important milestones of these docs.

Perhaps draft-ietf-bess-evpn-overlay could hint on such a Geneve
work for EVPN; something like: "Adapting the EVPN control plane to the
Geneve encapsulation is out of the scope of this document, and is
expected to be covered in a separate document based on the same
architectural principles"

Perfect, thanks!

Is that draft already in the works, or just planned?

Alvaro.