I will add the following sentence to the abstract.
“This specification is also applicable to other NVO encapsulations such as
GENEVE, GPE, and GUE; however, these encapsulations may require additional
incremental work and thus will be specified in separate document(s).”

I think that mentioning other encapsulations (beyond Geneve) is not necessary
(and may raise more questions).  IOW, I like Martin’s suggested text more.

OK, I changed the sentence to the following:

“This specification is also applicable to [GENEVE] encapsulation; however, some
incremental work is required which will be covered in a separate document
[EVPN-GENEVE].”

In either case, at least add an Informative reference to
draft-boutros-bess-evpn-geneve.

Done.

Cheers,

Ali