The funny thing about this is that, although I live on Sherman Ave., I 
patronize almost none of the businesses on it because it's so difficult to 
bike.. For example, I regularly bike to the hardware store on Willy St, even 
though the True Value on Sherman is closer, because the route to Willy St. is 
safer. Manna Cafe is close by, too, but I rarely because it's just unpleasant 
getting there. I'm more likely to get coffee somewhere on Johnson, Washington 
or Willy.

Kathryn

--- On Tue, 10/20/09, Robbie Webber <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Robbie Webber <[email protected]>
Subject: [Bikies] still no bike lanes on Sherman
To: "Bikies" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 9:48 AM

Looks like we just aren't going to get a "complete street" on Sherman,
despite the city's comprehensive plan and the obvious need.
http://host.madison.com/ct/business/article_aa8eb0bc-bd61-11de-8d40-001cc4c03286.html

Robbie Webber
Bike Walk Madison Steering Committee
  www.bikewalkmadison.org
Join our group on Facebook!
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to