On 5/9/13 11:36 AM, Cathy Almond wrote:
I don't think you solved the problem - I think you moved it (or made it
happen faster...)

The refresh errors indicate that the master isn't responding to your
slave for some reason.  That's what you'll need to investigate.  I would
suggest auditing the differences between this slave and the others in
their named configurations as well as their configured IP interfaces and
routing tables.

A pair of network packet traces (slave and the non-responding auth
server) might also point you in the right direction.

Right, but when I perform a "dig" from the server OS, the transfer and network-communication work fine - so there are no signs as to why named can't connect to the master, but the OS can.

I'll do some more digging.

Thanks.