Well , if you don't care about calibration , you are not determining source levels , tL experiments ,(and a lot of etc) , you may want to make your owns.
Its not difficult IF you have affinity to manual work, some experience in electronics and resin work and believe me its fun. Following the NOAA guidelines it cost around 150-200 to make one (it may vary with the availability of components in your country). In the market there are "low cost" basic equipment such as the SS03-10 Sea phones of Cetacean research (This model is NOT scientific but is brand that I strongly recommend) or the dolphin ear. You should want to ask them prices and/or recommended use, etc. -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected] Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 5:14 AM To: BIOACOUSTICS-L Subject: low-cost hydrophones suggestions Dear list members, we are looking for some low-cost hydrophones and I'll be glad to hear some suggestions from you. I just stumbled upon this: http://www.aquarianaudio.com/h2a-xlr-hydrophone.html and was wondering if someone here has some opinion about it. The price (~200usd) is what we thought to spend. Thanks in advance, Gianluca
