TRY MINEROFF ELECTRONICS.
I'm using a Mineroff with Marantz PMD
620 then Raven software with Orca on Haro Strait for 2 seasons.
Also use a Sennheiser tube mic for
winter's bird recording in SW. The cheap one. Recording lawn sprinklers at 1
mile distant is not required.
>From a Wenonah Solstice Titan, 10 foot
wire. The Mineroff preamp powers off the PMD.
I could use a 12v to 5 volt convertor,
please advise.
I communicate with the pod, longest
observed range prob one mile from off Bailer's Hill, San Juan Island, to Orca
near the border
Raven then boosts amplitude AND filters
noise.
A RadioShack voice recorder matches
notes to hydrophone recording. A Seagate Free Agent 500 GB stores data.
Figure that is a basic system use able
for serious research.
Calibrate with Raven for field work ?
Sonic Eletronix has Omega alarm system
door sensors on sale for $10.
Parts are available at:
http://www.allelectronics.com/
A workable english academic based
hydrophone schematic is online ? I will send later.
http://books.google.com/books?id=6pFzQC2ykBkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=marine+bioacoustics&hl=en&sa=X&ei=2DR_T-iLL4nZiQKdgfHFAw&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=marine%20bioacoustics&f=false
thr
I bought the Mineroff as a requested
project from Saul Mineroff. Saul matched the Mineroff to the PMD. Excellent.
But the system needs a 12v to 5V for waterproof kayak use. 12V deep cycle
trailer batteries are available from Summit Racing online.
Changing batteries while upside down...
Mineroff offers a seperate Preamp for
recording bacteria.
Raven software is excellent with
backup. Visit the site at Cornell Bioacousitcs.
Gene Daniels