Breaker breaker.

1) A package to define a base (virtual) "Interactions" class. This would basically have a constant "Vector" store with a "Hits" object specifying the pairwise interactions between elements in the constant store. One could also distinguish between "SelfInteractions" (constant store) and the more general "Interactions" (two stores, possibly of different types, e.g., genomic interval -> protein interactions). A variety of methods would be available here to do manipulations and such.

https://github.com/LTLA/IndexedRelations (WIP)

2) A package to define an "Interactions" subclass where the store is a genomic interval, with basic methods to operate on such classes. Methods such as findOverlaps(), linkOverlaps() and boundingBox() would probably go here. @Luke, a binning method could also conceivably go here.

https://github.com/ComputationalRegulatoryGenomicsICL/GenomicInteractions/issues/37

All of this is open for discussion, if people are interested and willing to volunteer. These changes will not make the next release anyway.

What he said.

-A