Classified as: {OPEN}

I want to implement an application to talk to bird daemon, basically like
birdc/birdcl.
The control socket is TCP stream, it is fine. But the response from bird daemon
adds some headers for each line
I understand server want to make a boundary/delimiter for stream. Just
wondering why not just add how many bytes in the beginning of response, instead
of this inconvenient way (have to decode line by line). I am not question bird
implementation, just wondering :)

Current format like below

Show protocols
0001 BIRD 2.0.10 ready.
2002-Name       Proto      Table      State  Since         Info
1002-device1    Device     ---        up
 static_bgp     Static     master4    up
 kernel1        Kernel     master4    up
0000

With Best Regards,
Chris LIU

{OPEN}

Thales is in the process of carving out its Transportation activity (GTS) from
other Thales' activities. In order to prepare this internal restructuring, a
new e-mail address has been adopted and your GTS contacts now use
urbanandmainlines.com. Please note that their Thales e-mail address remains
also valid.