You may expect not only a completely new protocol based on CBOR and YANG to communicate with BIRD, but also a quite fast discontinuation of the current interface.

I hope this information somehow helps you in your long-term planning.

Maria

On 2023-10-18 23:26, Alexander Zubkov via Bird-users wrote:
Hi,

You can find some information about it here:

https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=prog-2.html#ss2.10 <https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=prog-2.html#ss2.10>

I think (IMHO) the reason why it is not implemented as "length+text" is because for that you need to prepare the whole response in some buffer first to calculate its size. In the current approach you can put the things out without the intermediate buffer.

Regards,
Alexander