Hi,

You can find some information about it here:

https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=prog-2.html#ss2.10

I think (IMHO) the reason why it is not implemented as "length+text" is
because for that you need to prepare the whole response in some buffer
first to calculate its size. In the current approach you can put the things
out without the intermediate buffer.

Regards,
Alexander