On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 5:27 PM Tao Effect <cont...@taoeffect.com> wrote:

> Nick,
>
> Please don't spread misinformation. Whatever you think of the DAO hard
> fork, it's a simple fact that the Ethereum ledger was not edited.
>

> This sort of email is unhelpful to this conversation, and it certainly
> doesn't help with the perception that Ethereum is nothing but a bunch of
> hypocritical Bankers 2.0.
>

> Everyone knows you didn't edit Ethereum Classic, but the the hard fork,
> which was re-branded as Ethereum, was edited.

That's not what I was suggesting. My point is that the ledger was never
edited. An 'irregular state change' was added at a specific block height,
but the ledger remains inviolate.

I'm sure I don't have to explain the difference between the ledger and the
state to you, or why it's significant that the ledger wasn't (and can't be,
practically) modified.

-Nick