Greta, our Pyrenees, is now 11 months old and right at home with our flock. She is our first guard dog and I appreciate the advice from this forum on training her. It was more like an introduction of her to the sheep and the sheep to her than a training regimen. She is terrific! But her coat is thick and heavy and we live in South Mississippi where it is very hot and humid. I have a friend here who raises Pyrenees and never cuts their hair. He advises not to trim her coat, saying she will shed all she needs. My question is: Is there a downside to a very close cropping?

Thanks for sharing your experiences?

Jerry