From: blackbelly-boun...@lists.blackbellysheep.info
[mailto:blackbelly-boun...@lists.blackbellysheep.info] On Behalf Of Jerry
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 7:20 AM
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: [Blackbelly] Our Blackbelly's guard dog

Greta, our Pyrenees, is now 11 months old and right at home with our flock.
She is our first guard dog and I appreciate the advice from this forum on
training her.  It was more like an introduction of her to the sheep and the
sheep to her than a training regimen.  She is terrific!  But her coat is
thick and heavy and we live in South Mississippi where it is very hot and
humid.   I have a friend here who raises Pyrenees and never cuts their hair.

He advises not to trim her coat, saying she will shed all she needs.  My
question is:  Is there a downside to a very close cropping?

Thanks for sharing your experiences?

Jerry