Wow, I never meant to cause such a firestorm!

I never wanted to change the default behavior of BB, just wanted to see
if there were any alternatives.

How about this for a solution - kind of a combination of things that
have been mentioned by others ---

Is there a way to remove the default "Exit" from the Menu?  If there is
a way to remove that, I could write a simple Perl that would do the
prompting.  Also, this could leave open the door for a bbexit to be
written in the future, if more people would like this.

This would allow anyone, like me, who wants to have a prompt (and for a
while, we must figureout a way to do it -- which I'll gladly share my
Perl script once I write it) but leave the default Exit behavior for
those who don't need this.

Thanks for all the ideas,
Paul