#12481: Locally generated BLFS Book does not display correctly using
Epiphany-3.32.5
----------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  wblaszcz  |       Owner:  blfs-book
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new

Comment (by pierre.labastie):

 Replying to [comment:9 pierre.labastie]:
 > Looking at the bug reports, it looks like epiphany/webkit is doing
 something wrong. OTOH, the LFS generated book works because it uses
 character entities in html, while BLFS does not, because it use the
 character itself (in ISO-8859-1 encoding). The reason for the difference
 is that BLFS is still using docbook-xsl-1.73.x, while LFS has been ported
 to docbook-xsl-1.78.1.

 No this is not the reason: I've ported the blfs stylesheets to docbook-
 xsl-1.79.2 (actually, needs the same modifications as done in lfs for
 1.78.1), and still the character itself is generated, while the entity is
 generated for lfs.

 I've noticed the following, which is kind of weird: in the intermediate
 files used for profiling, blfs-html.xml and blfs-html2.xml, the character
 is there '''in UTF-8'''! Note that it is the same thing for lfs and blfs,
 so I still don't know what the difference is...

 Note that if we generate the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
 headers, epiphany displays the book correctly. To generate them, just
 comment out the line:
 {{{
 <xsl:param name="chunker.output.omit-xml-declaration" select="'yes'"/>
 }}}
 in ''stylesheets/lfs-xsl/chunk-slave.xsl''.

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/12481#comment:10>
BLFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs>