Ken Moffat wrote:

Now, ark still fails:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:41 (find_package):
   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5"
(requested
   version 5.4.0) with any of the following names:

     Qt5Config.cmake
     qt5-config.cmake

   Add the installation prefix of "Qt5" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"Qt5_DIR"
   to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Qt5"
provides a
   separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
installed.

To me, that sounds as if this version of ark is for qt5 only.

Looking at ark-15.12.1, it says

set(QT_MIN_VERSION 5.4.0)
set(KF5_MIN_VERSION 5.6.0)

So yes, it is qt5 only.

I had hoped I could just leave my kde4 scripts to run on this slow
machine, but apparently not.  For the moment, I have stopped trying
to build kde4 - hopefully, somebody who still uses it will read this
list and offer guidance.

I'll get to it, hopefully this weekend.

  -- Bruce