On 09/18/2016 10:05 AM, akhiezer wrote:
From blfs-dev-boun...@lists.linuxfromscratch.org Sat Sep 17 22:05:43 2016
To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
From: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 16:25:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [blfs-dev] ImageMagick-6.9.5-8

Paul Hentschel wrote:
Hello. This version doesn't appear to exist on the servers anymore. There
is a version 6.9.5-9. In fact, there is no -6, -7 or -8, but the
ImageMagick change log has them listed. It looks like they don't keep many
of the "-x" versions other than -10.

We had a note in the book:

The ImageMagick source releases are updated frequently and the version
shown above may no longer be available from the download locations. You
can download a more recent version and use the existing BLFS instructions
to install it. Chances are that it will work just fine, but this has not
been tested by the BLFS team. If the package version shown above is not
available from the locations shown above, or from the legacy/ directory at
ftp.ImageMagick.org/pub/ImageMagick you can download it from the BLFS
package server at ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/conglomeration/ImageMagick/.

It looks like we need to put that back into the book.

One might wish to consider including in the book an alternative:

  http://www.graphicsmagick.org/

Sounds very interesting. Can it be used as a drop-in replacement of imagemagick, e.g. will my convert scripts still work? I mainly use imagemagick's convert, actually exclusively, thinking about it.

?

rgds,

akh

decentral.ch - IT Stuff