On Sep 18, 2016 12:10 PM, "Bruce Dubbs" <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> akhiezer wrote:
>
>> One might wish to consider including in the book an alternative:
>>
>>    http://www.graphicsmagick.org/
>

> Interesting.  It does seem worth considering.
>
>   -- Bruce

I will note that GraphicsMagick seems to be more popular in terms of
security vulnerabilities. If we were to move to it, we'd have to lookout
for IM/GM security issues much more closely.

Note that every IM6.x release that is made is security related, with CVEs
often assigned later on, although several distros upgrade ASAP. I know that
we don't have the manpower to update to it every time a new release is
made, but we need to pay closer attention now.

If anything recent comes up with regards to IM6 on oss-security, I'll let
people know about it.