On 11/12/2016 11:56 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
On 12/11/2016 09:22, Pierre Labastie wrote:
On 12/11/2016 05:20, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:59:28PM +0100, Pierre Labastie wrote:
On 11/11/2016 20:01, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
Greetings,

I am unable to get Seamonkey, Firefox, or Thunderbird to work properly with
the latest SVN of BLFS.

They all segfault with references to libpthread (expected), libnspr4, libnss,
and libxul.

I've recompiled the entire NSS stack (p11-kit -> sqlite -> nspr -> nss), and
when I get home, I'll attempt to build a debug build to see if I can debug
this issue further.

Different applications give me different behavior:

Firefox will spuriously crash (probably background rendering... again)
Thunderbird will crash when trying to send mail
Seamonkey will crash before it finishes starting.

I'll try to investigate this later, but this is all I've been able to do for
days.

Same issue here with Firefox (49.0.2) [...]

On 7.10 with recent sqlite, nspr, nss it seems fine.  But I'm still
on gtk+-3.20 and the old glib.

Let me try to get back to GTK-3.20 (I'm happy I use porg, so that I can
shuffle versions ;). Then I'll try previous sqlite, previous NSS, and previous
harfbuzz.

Nothing worked...
Could it have something to do with the xorg video driver? I usually use KMS
with swrast. But on this machine, which has integrated intel graphics, I use
the intel drivers.

Pierre

I'm not on latest and greatest as far as system goes, been a bit slow to replace this one as I've been digging into no /usr/lib64, but running FF-49.0.2 and TB-45.4.0 fine. My current install list is too big to send to list. System was originally built right at a month ago 10/10, linux-4.8.1. Install list doesn't include the LFS packages, but has build order and BLFS packages used. is at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/buildlist.txt. Also running with Intel drivers.

Maybe it can help. I probably won't start on a new build for a couple of days yet. On a mission to install *everything* in the book, but certificates got in the way. :-)

--DJ