On 7 April 2018 at 04:00, Pierre Labastie <pierre.labas...@neuf.fr> wrote:
> On 06/04/2018 21:42, Ag, D.E Chatzimanikas wrote:
>> This is to point out two existing documents, that provide more than
>> enough information for people that would like to contribute on LFS
>> books development.
>>
>> Editors Guide:
>>
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/edguide/
>>
>> Hacking the Books:
>>
>> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/Hacking
>
> this one is quite outdated and should be edited...
>
> Also, have a look at the template in the BLFS book source (in
> template/template.xml). All the recent stuff is there.

One thing i noticed a while back, when trying to meld some packages
from the BLFS book sources into an "LFS book" that contained the
procedure for deploying Xen (a project that then went on the back
burner when I changed jobs) was that the two "books" seemed to
adopt a different way of laying things out and/or pulled in various
XML entities.

is that known to be the case, or did I "not quite get it" ?

Should the package sections from either book be capable of a
simple insertion into the "source tree" of the other ?