On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 10:47:44AM +0300, Thanos Baloukas wrote:
> On 09/04/2018 03:07 πμ, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> > Thanks.  Tried that, but it did not help.  I also tried logging
> > output from top and sensors every 5 seconds (that took two goes,
> > first time I fubar'd and emptied the log on every pass through the
> > loop).  I noticed that 5 seconds before the crash, one core was
> > running at just over 3.7 GHz (boosted) and the others were slowing
> > down.
> >
> What I did is just a workaround for the freezing on idle problem and I
> wrote it just to answer to your question. It was no way a suggestion
> to solve your problem. As I wrote in my previous reply, I would suspect
> not enough voltage fed to the cpu and/or to ram, causing the reboots.

Yes, I understood.  But in the absence of any other strategy I
decided to try it just in case (primarily because this was the first
time I'd seen 3.7GHz during this run and the load was fairly low.

I took a look at the bios options after I wrote that - but this is
the low-end A320 with no overclocking options for the CPU.  And the
RAM seemed fine in memtest86.  Will have another look later, there
was one BIOS option I need to research (soemthing like 'use AsRock
profile or AMD profile - I left it on the AsRock default), and maybe
RAM voltage can be adjusted.

ĸen
--
In my seventh decade astride this planet, and as my own cells degrade,
there are some things I cannot do now: skydiving, marathon running,