On 04/14/2018 08:22 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:50:11PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:26:22PM +0200, Pierre Labastie wrote:

Given that one of the old issues I found suggested that the problem
only happened with static libs, and that libffi is being pulled in
by libclang.so when built my way, I suspect this is the cause of
Bruce's failure as well as Pierre's.

So, I suggest rebuilding llvm with -DLLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB=ON and
confirming that rustc will then build with the config.toml that is
in the book.

If that works, as well as changing llvm the rust build needs to
mention "clang from llvm-6.0 (built with
-DLLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB=ON)".

Will do that, and have results in the morning.

  -- Bruce