On 9/29/18 9:32 PM, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> On 09/29/2018 08:52 AM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
>> On 9/28/18 6:04 PM, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
>
>>> I have used doxygen when I was doing development work and that needed a full
>>> graphviz, so I tend to want to build all optional graphviz dependencies
>>> [...]
>>
>> I'm almost sure doxygen is happy with graphviz without any other deps than
>> what is in the LFS book. Of course, if you want doxygen to generate PDF,
>> JPEG,
>> or PNG, you need additional deps, for graphviz as well as for doxygen. In
>> this
>> case, since you need the deps anyway, you can build them before graphviz.
>>
>> Also, I'd say that if you need doxygen for development, you are likely to
>> need
>> valadoc too...
>
> Only if you are using vala.  My use was with qt.  At the time, I don;t think
> vala was even available.  I didn't need gtk-doc or asciidoc either.

For the record, I've run doxygen on one of my projects, using a fresh LFS
build, with only recommended dependencies for doxygen and graphviz. I've
uploaded the result to http://www.linuxfromscratch/~pierre. Note that the
project does not have special doxygen comments into the code, so the generated
documentation is not very usable, but nice graphs have been generated in the
"file" section. (do not try the search bar, I've not uploaded the
corresponding file)

Passing options to doxygen is done through a configuration file. "doxygen -g"
generates a default config file. I had to change the output format for graphs
from png to svg, and also to disable latex output (because it needs graphs in
pdf format, something that basic graphviz cannot generate). Surprisingly,
"dot" (the graphviz command line tool) can generate SVG without using the
librsvg library.

Pierre