Le jeudi 15 novembre 2018 à 09:09 -0500, Jean-Marc Pigeon via blfs-dev
a écrit :
> Hello,
>

> As reported earlier, I am not able to recompile
> sendmail-8.15.2.
>
> It is not fully proved but I have strong indication
> it is caused by openssl-1.1.[0i,1]
>
> Looking about this, I noticed
> LFS is openssl-1.1.1
> BLFS is openssl-1.0.2p
> (LFS 2018-11-09, BLFS 2018-11-13)
>
> Is this done on purpose? (I am doubtful about
> it)

There are two version of openssl because some software in BLFS are not
able to work with openssl 1.1, sendmail being one of them, ref:

https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-users/2016-June/003897.html

> Trouble ahead compiling sendmail (and other?)
> using opessl-1.1.1?
>
> Comments?, something I am overlooking?

I don't think so but do try to compile sendmail with openssl-1.0.2p.
I'm pretty sure it will work fine :)

Alain