Hi.

I know this is not entirely part of BLFS, but I want to install a
dependency of kdegraphics, namely Gocr, which requires netpbm.

Well, in fact, it is more libpnm which is required. The problem is,
netpbm claims to put everything in libnetpbm, but libgocr continues to
search for libpnm :

checking for pnm.h... yes
checking for pnm_readpaminit in -lpnm... no
checking for pnm_init in -lpnm... no
configure: error: Cannot find PNM library

I don't know what to do : there were several messages on Google, but no
answer. config.log gives this :

configure:6694: checking for pnm_readpaminit in -lpnm
configure:6721: gcc -o conftest -O3 -march=athlon-xp
-L$/usr/local/netpbm/lib -DPACKAGE_MODULES_DIR=/usr/lib/libgocr
-DPACKAGE_MODULES_DIR=/usr/lib/libgocr  -I/usr/include/netpbm
-I/usr/local/netpbm/include  conftest.c -lpnm   >&5 /usr/bin/ld: cannot
find -lpnm collect2: ld returned 1 exit status configure:6724: $? = 1
configure: failed program was: #line 6702 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char pnm_readpaminit ();
int
main ()
{
pnm_readpaminit ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:6741: result: no
configure:6747: checking for pnm_init in -lpnm
configure:6774: gcc -o conftest -O3 -march=athlon-xp
-L$/usr/local/netpbm/lib -DPACKAGE_MODULES_DIR=/usr/lib/libgocr
-DPACKAGE_MODULES_DIR=/usr/lib/libgocr  -I/usr/include/netpbm
-I/usr/local/netpbm/include  conftest.c -lpnm   >&5 /usr/bin/ld: cannot
find -lpnm collect2: ld returned 1 exit status configure:6777: $? = 1
configure: failed program was: #line 6755 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char pnm_init ();
int
main ()
{
pnm_init ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:6794: result: no
configure:6801: error: Cannot find PNM library

Can someone provide help ?

\bye

--

                   Nicolas FRANCOIS