On Thursday 09 August 2007 03:07:37 Nicolas FRANCOIS ha scritto:
> Hi.
>
> I know this is not entirely part of BLFS, but I want to install a
> dependency of kdegraphics, namely Gocr, which requires netpbm.
>
> Well, in fact, it is more libpnm which is required. The problem is,
> netpbm claims to put everything in libnetpbm, but libgocr continues to
> search for libpnm :
>
> checking for pnm.h... yes
> checking for pnm_readpaminit in -lpnm... no
> checking for pnm_init in -lpnm... no
> configure: error: Cannot find PNM library

Hi, notice that libgocr in _not_ needed to compile gocr,
I don't know the full story but libgocr seems to be pretty old.
However, in my system I have:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~# nm /opt/netpbm/lib/libnetpbm.so.10.37 | grep
pnm_readpaminit
0001bc90 T pnm_readpaminit
0001b2a0 T pnm_readpaminitrestaspnm

but if I try to compile libgocr I obtain the same error
(also if I pass explicitly in configure the location of netpbm
libs and includes).
But I see no problems configuring gocr:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-netpbm=/opt/netpbm
(...)
option: with_netpbm /opt/netpbm
checking for library containing pnm_readpnminit... -lnetpbm
(...)

HTH, Alessandro Alocci