Hi,

since I've (semi-)managed to sort out this issue of mine I'm reporting back on
the off chance it'll help someone else.

In short, the issue was that dlopen() in NSPR's pr_LoadLibraryByPathname()
couldn't see my libva*.so.1 libraries located in /opt/x/lib. Once I created a
few symlinks to those from /usr/lib, the whole issue disappeared (first I tried
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/x/lib before starting up FF but that didn't
help - I wonder whether it should have or I'm missing something).

The question of why it suddenly broke with FF57 remains (even though I have to
admit that the /opt installed X has given me some troubles before so it's not
really coming as that much of a surprise) but as long as there are no downsides
to those few symlinks (comments are welcome on this), I guess I'm going to
leave it at that.

Thanks.

Vaclav