Vaclav Masin wrote:
Hi,

since I've (semi-)managed to sort out this issue of mine I'm reporting
back on the off chance it'll help someone else.

In short, the issue was that dlopen() in NSPR's pr_LoadLibraryByPathname()
couldn't see my libva*.so.1 libraries located in /opt/x/lib. Once I
created a few symlinks to those from /usr/lib, the whole issue disappeared
(first I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/x/lib before starting up FF
but that didn't help - I wonder whether it should have or I'm missing
something).

The question of why it suddenly broke with FF57 remains (even though I
have to admit that the /opt installed X has given me some troubles before
so it's not really coming as that much of a surprise) but as long as there
are no downsides to those few symlinks (comments are welcome on this), I
guess I'm going to leave it at that.

Do you have /opt/x/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf file?

Did you run ldconfig?

  -- Bruce