On Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:50:32 PM Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Vaclav Masin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since I've (semi-)managed to sort out this issue of mine I'm reporting
> > back on the off chance it'll help someone else.
> >
> > In short, the issue was that dlopen() in NSPR's pr_LoadLibraryByPathname()
> > couldn't see my libva*.so.1 libraries located in /opt/x/lib. Once I
> > created a few symlinks to those from /usr/lib, the whole issue disappeared
> > (first I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/x/lib before starting up FF
> > but that didn't help - I wonder whether it should have or I'm missing
> > something).
> >
> > The question of why it suddenly broke with FF57 remains (even though I
> > have to admit that the /opt installed X has given me some troubles before
> > so it's not really coming as that much of a surprise) but as long as there
> > are no downsides to those few symlinks (comments are welcome on this), I
> > guess I'm going to leave it at that.
>
> Do you have /opt/x/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf file?

The file looks probably a bit messy, but yes:

$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
# Begin /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/local/lib
/opt/lib

# Add an include directory
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

/opt/x/lib
# Begin Qt addition

/opt/qt4/lib

# End Qt addition
# Begin kde addition

/opt/kde/lib

# End kde addition
# Begin Qt addition

/opt/qt5/lib

# End Qt addition

> Did you run ldconfig?

Yes, I tend to run ldconfig after pretty much every "make install".