On 11/03/2018 15:51, Hazel Russman wrote:
> The ninja.build file created by meson for this package contains a help2man
> command with the argument --help-option="--help-all". My help2man command
> will not accept this argument, so the build terminates prematurely. If I edit
> the argument out by hand, the build succeeds.
>
> I don't have a man page for help2man but I have seen online man pages that
> include --help-option as a valid argument.
>
> If I type help2man --help, the option is not shown.

The help2man installed with lsb_release is too old. This has been discuted in
November (about pango, see thread starting at
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2017-November/079667.html).
Not sure what the outcome was...

Ah and also more recently in the thread starting at
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2018-February/034037.html

Guess we can state one of the BLFS editors rule:
Editors struggling to stay up to date with upstream never fix little
annoyances...

Let me try. After half a day spent fixing longindex, I guess I'm up to fixing
this too.

Pierre