On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 12:39:46AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> This is the first of a pair of posts which probably show how out of
> my depth I am ;)
>
> While watching rust build/test, I've been running top.  My past
> experience suggests that a process will normally max out at 100%
> (i.e. all of _one_ core), but with rust I'm seeing percentages of
> 250-300%.  Is that normal ?
>
> ĸen

In fact the latter part of the tests hit 400% (all of all cores) for
one rust job a few minutes before it crashed.

I can recall occasionally seeing figures like 102% on "normal" jobs,
but I had assumed those were rounding errors.

ĸen
--
In my seventh decade astride this planet, and as my own cells degrade,
there are some things I cannot do now: skydiving, marathon running,