On 04/08/2018 06:39 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
This is the first of a pair of posts which probably show how out of
my depth I am ;)

While watching rust build/test, I've been running top.  My past
experience suggests that a process will normally max out at 100%
(i.e. all of _one_ core), but with rust I'm seeing percentages of
250-300%.  Is that normal ?

Do you know that for top pressing 1 (one) will show individual cores? Pressing t will make them into a pseudo graphical (curses) display. I've seen a load of over 13 for some long builds using ninja.

  -- Bruce