No one knows about the start of the history from 1995-2005 that well its only recently that we have started to record community history on forums, archives, audyssey.org, etc and even then the mag has stopped.

If I remember rightly, we had a few servers with stuff, one softcon server now lost and maybe something else.

We never kept records of it all, and in fact bar the snippits we got at the time it was never that clear in the first place.

If it happened in 2007 or 2008 when bavisoft went we may have had another source with audiogames.net, they actually will do their best being the main database to find a dev if one is lost if you don't anger those guys and they do have to put up with a lot usually.

From the outside, james stopped for unknown reason.

No one got anything no mail no games, nothing.

We found out second hand about the attacks, the issues in a small part though it was never a full story, well maybe we didn't need all of it but it wasn't a satisfactory answer, even at the end james never publically appeared to explain himself, if he did we wouldn't have had any issue at all.

On 31/12/2017 12:04 p.m., Charles Rivard wrote:
Reality check for Justin:  Seeing as you know nothing about what went on between James North and a lot of blind gamers, you should say nothing. While it is true that, as the saying goes, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen", there was also absolutely no reason for these people to send him the eMails that they sent not only to this list, but to James personally.  He was not thin skinned.  He took an awful lot of totally unnecessary abuse, a lot of it personal rather than about his business, from childish and impatient whiners who did not realize that problems do come up during beta testing, and that he would not distribute a buggy product.  He announced an expected, not set in concrete, date of release, and then sent updates if that date was not going to be met.  In his updates, he gave the reason for the pushing back date of the game.  I saw some of these eMails, and would have thrown these adult children into a playpen to fight among themselves over a pacifier if I could have.  They went beyond nasty by far.

-----Original Message----- From: Justin Jones
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2017 12:43 PM
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: James North - Re: [blind-gamers] A Hero's Call question

Okay, reality check: if a developer cannot handle the heat, he
shouldn't be a developer, or, at the very least, have someone else
handle his public relations.

I don't know anything about this James person you guys are on about,
but based on what I have heard, he sounded like a thin-skinned
narsicist that needed to get over himself. What, did he actually think
that the main stream gaming public would treat him better? Hate to
break the news, but main stream gamers are just as, if not more so,
toxic; just as demanding; just as unforgiving. If you want to develop
games, you had better be prepared to handle that reality and not cry
about it when the Internet takes a swing at you.