From: "Damien Garwood" <dam...@dcpendleton.plus.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 0:57
To: <blind-gamers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] accessible game engine

Hi John,
I initially thought that about Python, until I used NVDA.
Granted, there is a part of NVDA that is programmed in C++, but a good 90%
of it is Python-driven, and I don't find it slow in the slightest.
While I do agree that Python programs will naturally be slower due to it
being an interpreted language, the majority of slowdowns in applications is
your implementation, and I'm sure I remember the SoundRTS developer saying
that the implementation could do with a bit of tidying up.
Some interpreters do better than others. AutoIt is slower than BGT, BGT is
slower than Python, and Python is apparently 15% slower than straight
Assembly.
Cheers.
Damien.