That's certainly possible.  The way it works now is after you plant a vegitable (no fruits yet), you have to wait a number of seconds (roughly equivalent to how many days it would take in rl) before you can harvest the plants.  There's of course background music for each level, and sounds for various things, (reaching the side of the garden plor, finishing tasks, and so on).  I do plan to add a market, (currently, you can't do anything with the plnats once you harvest them except plant them again.  Of course, harvesting them is necessary to complete the tasks for each level, and even after the market is added, that's only going to add minimal color to the game, there's still not a whole lot to do, which is why I kind of stopped fiddling with it for the last week or so, I honestly can't for the life of me think of anything to do with it to make it interesting.

Floods, drauts, storms, thieves, wild animals and so on could certainly add spice, and are almost certainly going to be necessary before the game is really playable, but still, I don't see the point of just sitting there growing and harvesting plants.  On a phone/tablet, it's a nice way to pass the time, watching your garden grow over time, but on the pc, it's just boring, and I can't think of anyway to spice it up beyond making it more difficult, but then nobody wants to play it.  Perhaps, that's why there aren't any of these sorts of games on the pc. <sigh>