I don't think its it should be a law but I would like to see more blind
user friendly games especually for a lot of the football games that have
visual menues. That wou.ld be neat that way i could build up my players
on my own insted of getting help or edit historic teams for the same reason

On 6/5/2018 12:16 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
> Yes.
>

> However I am really against accessibility having to be a law.
>
> Fine, make it a law, but just like any compliance cost you just do
> enough to fit it in with the law.
>
> If that means putting in the description that the game is accessible
> and paying someone to make sure that you won
>
> 't get trouble then thats what will happen.
>
> Or a token but basically useless accessibility isn't accessibility at
> all.
>
> The big guys, microsoft, soni maybe even nentendo probably won't have
> much trouble some are moving towards this but especially with racing
> communities and the online world.
>
> No one will want dumbed down blindy friendly games with beeps and such
> or games simplified for the blind.
>

> On 6/5/2018 12:33 PM, michael barnes wrote:
>>

>> With the CVAA law coming into effect in Jan. of this coming year.
>> I thought this would be a good time and a good topic to talk about.
>> Do you think or feel that developers of video games should add
>> accessibility for gamers who are blind?
>> Personally I think that it is a great idea for developers of video
>> games to add accessibility features.
>> Features such as text to speech to be able to navigate the different
>> in game menus.
>> Rumble function to indicate different in game actions.
>> Audio panning so that someone who is blind will know what is going on
>> in the game.
>> Audio cues to indicate different types of in game items.
>> I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic.
>> By the way let's be respectful with one another as we talk about this
>> topic.
>>

>> .

---
https://www.avg.com