That's because you think the only screen reader in linux is orca.  That's
wrong.  Running on console, espeak, espeak-ng, brltty, emacspeak, sbl and
fenrir, yasr, are available.  Before orca, other screen readers for the
gui existed but they're deprecated now.  It could be in a little while
another gui screen reader will exist but it's in alpha stage now and not
intended for public release. In Linux, learning the use of the command
line gets you access to the power tools under the hood.

--
Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.